Job, Internship & Career Announcements
Posted June 21, 2013
Tyndall National Institute
Postdoc Positions Available
"The Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork is one of Europe’s leading centres for Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) research and development. It is the largest facility of its kind in Ireland. Tyndall, formally known as the National Microelectonics Research Centre, was established in 2004 to provide a critical mass of researchers that would support the growth and development of a smart knowledge based economy in Ireland." (https://www.tyndall.ie/content/overview-1)
If you would like more information on these postings, you may contact Shiyu Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted June 5, 2013
Put your degree in Electrical Engineering to work as an Application Engineer in the dynamic and challenging environment of Agilent’s Americas Field Operation. You will based in Chicago, IL and service our customers - from Cleveland, to Kansas City, to Minneapolis. You will be joining the fast paced, dynamic, Application Engineering Organization at Agilent Technologies, and will support the local sales team.
Application Engineers deliver technical instrument and measurement automation expertise for a solution implementation to our customers based on Agilent products and services. They’re focused on various phases of the sales process including requirements analysis, feature-by-feature demonstrations, benchmarks, competitive positioning, and implementation/execution, generally allocated by project and engineering services. They understand customers’ pre and post sales problems, recommend solutions to meet their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction. The engineer integrates Agilent products and services (at the system/solutions level) into the customer’s environment and ensures the product functions per specifications. Our Application Engineers also ensure the system solution platform is functioning properly at the customer site. They may be product or technology focused and may deliver customer training classes and consulting related to the application, as well as assist in pre-sales activities to help grow Agilent’s instrumentation business. They work on system/application engineering assignments with clearly defined objectives and solve problems of limited scope and complexity.
Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following skills:
• RF & microwave skills as applicable to antenna, amplifier or filter testing with a network analyzer.
• Knowledge of wireless communication standards such as CDMA, GSM, LTE and/or WiMax.
• Familiar with testing wireless communications devices using spectrum or signal analyzers and signal sources.
• Programming skills that include: .NET, MatLab, LabView or VEE, C#, C++ or VB.
• Clear written and verbal communications, able to explain sophisticated and complex subjects.
• Demonstrated sales or customer service skills.
BSEE or MSEE with a graduation date of spring, summer of 2013; must want to work in an application engineering capacity and be located in Chicago, IL.
Business: Electronic Measurement Group
Job Category: Support / Service
Job Sub-Category: Application Engineering
Country or Area: United States
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Future/Recent Graduates
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Interested students can apply on line or contact Lon (email@example.com) if they have specific questions.
Posted June 3, 2013
Power Management IC Engineering Intern
Ranked #8 by Fortune Magazine's annual '100 Best Companies to Work For' and headquartered in San Diego, QUALCOMM develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, and operates advanced 3G communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. To ensure that the entire wireless industry is inspired and continues to evolve, innovate and experience success, QUALCOMM develops its technologies and solutions for the purpose of enabling key participants in the wireless value chain.
• Develop analytical and simulation models for highly efficient power conversion and distribution converters
• Study the latest developments in battery technology. Propose methods and algorithms for optimal energy capacity/lifetime for cellphone and smartbook battery charger systems
• Work on state of the art low power/high performance oscillator and clock distribution systems.
• Strong background in analog IC design
• DSP (Digital Signal Processing) knowledge.
• Voltage regulator and/or battery knowledge
• Matlab, and C, CADENCE experience will be helpful
• Research and Practical training experience helpful
• The desire to match theory and lab measurements
• Full relocation services (travel, shipping, temporary housing)
• Corporate Housing provided
• Great Pay
• Internship Program Experience (trips, Exec. Speaker Series, networking/learning)
In study in EE, EECS, Computer Engineering in the Masters program level.
To Apply: please email your resume to Kathryn Hammelman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Web Site: www.qualcomm.com/careers/
Posted June 3, 2013
Silvus Technologies, Inc.
Wireless Communication Systems Intern
Silvus Technologies Inc. is an industry leader in wireless MIMO technology. It is seeking a Wireless Communication Systems Summer Intern to participate in algorithm design and architecture definition for an exciting research project on Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET).
Job Location: The intern will work in Silvus’ San Diego office.
• Algorithm design for MIMO-OFDM based wireless communications systems for both commercial and military applications.
• Matlab & C/C++ based simulator development.
• Handoff and interface to the hardware team.
• System performance and hardware specification and integration.
• Expertise in signal processing, communication theory, and information theory
• Experience with C/C++ and MATLAB a must.
• Knowledge of OFDM+MIMO systems a definite plus.
• Knowledge of network simulator software, such as NS2, a definite plus
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
Posted May 29, 2013
Summer Internship at Broadcom, San Diego
The candidate will be involved in designing, implementing and evaluating various thermal management algorithms and policies on modern smartphone platforms. In particular:
• Instrument Android and Linux to implement various thermal management strategies
• Perform comparative evaluation of power, performance and thermal under different policies
• Profile the power consumption of different platform and chip components under different usage scenarios
• Profile the thermal characteristics of different platform components inside a cell phone
• Develop software to carry out power and thermal profiling studies
• Correlate thermal measurements with thermal simulation
The ideal candidate should be a Master's/Ph.D. student with expertise in Android & Linux frameworks. In particular:
• Expertise in Linux. Deep understanding of Linux OS concepts and frameworks – scheduling, interrupts, cpu_freq, cpu_idle, etc
• Ability to instrument Linux code
• Proficient in scripting: Perl, Python
• Proficiency in Matlab is a plus
• Good understanding of SoC Architectures (CPUs, Buses, Memory)
• Familiarity with SoC power consumption issues
• Familiarity with ARM processor architecture, instruction set, compiler, SW development tools is a big plus
• Familiarity with board-level power measurements and profiling is a plus
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishna Sekar, PhD
Mobile Systems Architecture,
16340 West Bernardo Drive,
San Diego, CA, 92127
Posted May 23, 2013
RF Hardware Engineer
If you are interested please make sure to apply online first and then email your resume to email@example.com. The candidate is not expected to have the whole skill set, but have some. The best candidate would be one who has some PCB layout experience with RF system/circuit knowledge.
Please click the following link to view the job.
View details -G1906204 -Full Time -RF Hardware Engineer
Posted May 14, 2013
Team Internship Program (TIP)
Unlike traditional programs, the Jacobs School has devised an internship in which multi-disciplinary teams of 3-5 engineering students are deployed to corporate sponsors to work on a project together for 10-12 weeks in the summer. You are hired by the sponsor and paid for the experience. The program still has several internship openings with more on the way. Fill out your profile and resume in the Jacobs School Resume Database and then apply here.