Undergraduate Staff Advisors
The mission of ECE Student Affairs is to facilitate ECE faculty, graduate and undergraduate students in understanding and navigating UCSD administrative processes in order to achieve success in their research, educational and professional endeavors, and to prepare students to become engaged and constructive members of a diverse, dynamic and global society.
1. To foster a healthy and cooperative community for ECE faculty, students and staff
2. To motivate and inspire students to be independent, intelligent and innovative engineering professionals
3. To build relationships with alumni and industry partners
Jacobs Hall 2509 (temporary location during summer 2016)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Walk-In Advising?
Walk-In visits for current students are designed to last 10-15 minutes to ask simple questions of your advisors. Thse topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Degree checks for students
- Review of courses for the current quarter
- Review and sign forms, including Petitions, Special Studies Courses forms, Programs Abroad documents, International Center forms, and Financial Aid Academic Plans
- Selection of courses for the upcoming quarter
Walk-In Hours are subject to change.
What is an Appointment?
Appointments to meet with a counselor are available for current student during specified times in 30 minute increments. Students can contact the office one week in advance to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be made through the Virtual Advising Center. Typical topics discussed by appointments include:
- Developing long-range curriculum plans
- Students facing academic difficulty or other challenges that may require a referral
- Not sure if you require an appointment? Contact us through the Virtual Advising Center for assistance.
What is the Virtual Advising Center?
Current students can submit brief questions 24/7 through the Virtual Advising Center. An Advisor will respond within 24-72 hours (and often sooner).