ECE offers graduate programs leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, with specializations in:
- Applied Physics - Electronic Devices and Materials
- Communication Theory and Systems / Magnetic Recording
- Computer Engineering (Impacted major)
- Electronic Circuits and Systems (Impacted major)
- Intelligent Systems, Robotics, and Control
- Medical Devices and Systems
- Nanoscale Devices and Systems
- Signal and Image Processing
The Ph.D. is a research degree requiring completion of program course requirements, satisfactory performance on the Ph.D. Preliminary Examination and University Qualifying Examination, and submission and defense of a doctoral thesis.
The M.S. program is also research oriented, and intended to provide the intensive technical preparation necessary for subsequent pursuit of a Ph.D. Two plans of study are offered, both requiring successful completion of 48 quarter units of course credit. Plan I is a combination of course work and research, culminating in the preparation of a thesis. Plan II involves course work only and culminates in a comprehensive examination.
The M.S. and Ph.D. programs are designed to prepare students for a career in research or teaching.
For more information, we invite you to review our webpages, or contact us at email@example.com.