The mission of ECE Student Affairs is to facilitate ECE faculty, graduate and undergraduate students in understanding and navigating UCSD administrative processes in order to achieve success in their research, educational and professional endeavors, and to prepare students to become engaged and constructive members of a diverse, dynamic and global society.
- To foster a healthy and cooperative community for ECE faculty, students and staff
- To motivate and inspire students to be independent, intelligent and innovative engineering professionals
- To build relationships with alumni and industry partners
ADVISING HOURS (subject to change without notice):
- VIRTUAL ADVISING CENTER (VAC)
- Current undergraduate students can submit questions through the "Ask a Question" tab in the Virtual Advising Center (VAC): vac.ucsd.edu
- A response will be sent to students within 24-72 hours.
- ONLINE DROP IN ADVISING
- Online Drop in advising hours may vary weekly and noted in our calendar above.
- During our online drop in advising hours, students can sign in using the “Meet with Advisor” tab in the VAC. The sign in feature will close 5-10 minutes before the end of the online advising session.
- IN-PERSON ADVISING
- In person Advising available by appointment only during weeks 0-2 of the quarter. See below for instructions on how to set up an appointment for in person advising.
- available on Tuesdays, 9-1130 am and 1-3:30 pm in Jacobs Hall 2700
- long-term course planning not available. Please set up an appointment through the VAC after week 2.
To set up an appointment for In-Person Advising, click the link below to check availability and add your name to the appointment slot:
- 30 minute appointments are available Monday to Friday during remote advising hours starting week 3 of the quarter.
- Contact us through the VAC starting week 2 to set up an appointment.
- Include a reason for the appointment in your request.
- Appointments must be set up at least 2 business days in advance and are not available during evenings, weekends or enrollment time.
Contact us through the VAC for instructions on where to submit your form. Forms sent directly to our email account without notifying us through the VAC may cause delays in the review process.
Prospective students: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
During your undergraduate career, faculty advisors can be a valuable resource. Faculty advisors can provide insight about additional avenues of interest (research, industry, academia) and advice about course work, depth sequences, and other academic issues. Also, your advisors can share their own experiences about electrical engineering and provide a new perspective of industry. In addition, faculty can get to know you as a student, and your relationship may lead to limitless possibilities, including recommendations for graduate school, job opportunities, and research experiences.
Electrical Engineering Depth Advisors