We are looking for an electric engineer who can architect the next generation display technology for various Apple products. In this unique position, you will be learning & pushing the limits of panel technology, proposing various compensation algorithms for SoC or other silicon, prototyping the target performance in executive demo, and supporting product development to mass production. An average day in this wide-dynamic position could include hands-on characterization of electro-optical performance, image processing for data analysis, proposing design iterations for panel or new algorithms, system integration of the proposal, prototype demo, presentation and documentation of the proposals for cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate engineering passion, intuition, and inquisitiveness.
- Excellence in at least one area of chip design (analog/ mixed-signal/ digital) with proved record of leading publications.
- Hands-on lab experience including data acquisition and measurement automation.
- Circuit simulation experience such as HSPICE or Spectre is required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Experience in electro-optics systems, such as camera or image sensor or lidar is a plus.
- Strong python and Matlab scripting skill are a plus.
- Investigate new technologies for next generation products
- Design display EE architecture and prototype, bring-up, characterize the feature.
- Establish electro-optical performance metrics and requirements through measurement and modeling.
- Propose design iteration or compensation algorithm, prototype demo presentation and documentation for cross-functional team.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE degree plus minimum 5 years work experience.
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.