SF Bay Area / Engineering / Full-time
At Reach Labs, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
As a Senior RF Systems Engineer, you will lead the development of RF-related aspects of our wireless power system. You will be responsible for specifying, prototyping, implementing, and testing RF circuits like amplifiers, RF to DC converters, phase shifters, and filters. You will work cross-functionally with other members of the engineering team to help set the technology roadmap and deliver a long-range wireless power system to market. You will also play a significant role in mentoring members of the hardware team.
- Lead end-to-end RF system design from conceptualization, definition, design, to pilot production.
- Contribute at a system level as well as a circuit design level.
- Implement, test, debug, and tune RF circuits on both the transmitter and receiver side.
- Work with product team to define RF requirements and build systems to fulfill customer needs.
- Develop organized engineering road map for RF-related tasks and activities.
- Coordinate with other engineering leads to ensure alignment, coordination, and integration throughout product development cycle.
- Serve as a mentor to other members of the RF team
Qualities & Experience
- 10+ years experience as a RF HW Systems Design Engineer.
- Led or played a key role in designing, building, and testing RF hardware products from concept to market delivery.
- Deep understanding of different RF system architectures.
- Phased array or adaptive antenna array experience.
- Knowledge of amplifier design.
- Experience with PCB design and layout.
- Familiarity with RF compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Hands on experience with RF and EM simulation software and testing equipment.
- Strong intuition of electromagnetics.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools, such as Keysight ADS or Microwave Office.
- Eager to be a contributing, hands-on engineer, in addition to a positive technical leadership influence on a growing hardware team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively within a close team setting.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a startup
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or equivalent
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with EM simulation software such as HFSS or CST
- Experience with Altium Designer
- RF device characterization and tuning in 1-40GHz frequency range
- Knowledge of power electronics design
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited, paid vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Healthcare FSA
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
Reach Labs - Who We Are
Reach Labs is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility. We've since moved to a new, beautiful office, but we took the startup mentality with us - decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company.
Our office has close access to MacArthur BART, public and private bus routes, walking access to Emeryville restaurants, gyms and groceries, and ample bike parking and personal storage for employees. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, and hosting happy hours.
As a result, we highly value diversity at our company in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, musical tastes, and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.